November 30, 2009

Chapter 1

Chapter 1:
Just hang for a second. I will consider myself Sid, because he’s side hero, so his role is limited. If I wrote I ....it means i’m talking through Sid prospective.

2003 – Chilly winters of December, I was coming from my home to hostel. Sorry not to introduce myself. I’m Sid, pursuing B.Tech from Thapar University, basically from Delhi. I’m in 2nd year, and worried about my CGPA. I just passed my last two semesters with poor CGPA. Sorry, I can’t tell you about it. It’s not fair!

I’m a social person having lots of friends, even can’t remember. My orkut account takes care about it. Its 7 am in the Monday morning and I have to attend my class of the most dangerous professor in this univ. The road is so bumpy that it can wake you up no matter what!

Damn, I missed my Delux bus because of 10 minutes, Preeti. What, you are scolding me? Oh no, I’m just saying for sake of it. Don’t get uneasy so easily Preeti, I said thinking that how tough it can be handling women.

She said something and paused....

I said what? She said forget it, as she’s totally confused by herself only. She broke into tears immediately without any reason. I thought I have said something...

I remembered all my lines said to her, but could not figure out the exact reason.

What happened Preeti? I said, and my voice trembles. She said nothing and again started crying so loudly, that even conductor got conscious and gave me a skeptical look. I was in hurry because I have to take on the professor and my CGPA sucks big time.

We reached Thapar just on time. Preeti decided to bunk first lecture as her make-up spoiled because of tears. I went into class and say hi to Ganesh.

You are late again Sid, Ganesh told in firm tone. I said there’s some issue with Preeti. She started crying in the bus without any fight or something.

She might be upset with Shyam. Hmmm, looks like Shyam didn’t bother her. Na, he didn’t. (Shyam is Preeti’s Boyfriend and was senior).

How foolish a person can be, a girl with size zero, beautiful curves and with all the qualities, I thought in mind while turning the pages of my notebook.

So, you think Shyam loves preeti, I asked Ganesh? Well, may be, may be not? Hmmm, now this is diplomatic answer Ganesh.

Wait a minute, why are you so bothered about her, Sid! I’m just her friend. How can you forget that she always shares lunch, and often went to Cafe Coffee Day with us during weekends?

Ok Ok, Ganesh said as he’s more nervous about the condition of Preeti.

As the class over, Ganesh gave me his notebook and ran towards door shouting that he’s going to meet Preeti. Man, I have never seen such a friend, I thought, Preeti’s lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your time!